Small Business Information Technology Audit
This article is part of the WWW 101 Series which provides an introduction to small business websites.
Do you review your technology to ensure your small business systems and data are protected? Do you keep an eye out for new technology tools to save money and improve productivity? Here are smome tips to get started.
Antivirus and Spyware Protection
- Do you have an antivirus program on every computer?
- Is the software configured to run regular scans?
- Do you have backup for all of your devices (computers, tablets, phones, etc.)?
- Do you have backup for your website and blog?
- Are your systems scheduled to do regular backups?
- Are all of your devices password protected?
- Do you use strong passwords, e.g., letters, numbers, and characters?
- Do you delete user accounts when employees leave the company?
- Do you have a tracking program like Prey on your mobile devices?
- Are you talking advantage of free and low cost web-based software for communication, collaboration, customer management, accounting, etc.?
- Are you using social media, where appropriate, to network with peers and interact with customers?
Website and Blog
- Do you review your website for outdated content and broken links?
- Do you regularly add new content?
- Do you review Google Analytics to analyze your website's performance and seek opportunities to reach new customers?
If you are looking for new technology tools, here are some options for small business technology resources.
Small Business Information Security